Technological advancement has reached a high level, and it continues to do so. That is why people find necessaryto upgrade their way of interacting with computers continuously. We buy better computers, we upgrade them with all sorts of accessories to make them faster, we buy special keyboards that help us type faster, and so on. Everything we do regarding this subject is to make ourselves faster and better.
One of the things involved here is the display usage. If it were up to us, we would like to see everything at once, which brings us to the subject of this piece. People have been using multiple monitors for a while now. The most common setup is two monitors, and for that, you need the proper stand. Dual monitor stands are pretty common these days, and I am going to tell you everything about them.
Types of dual monitor stands
As you can imagine, there is more than one type. Manufacturers answer to everyone’s needs and settings, which is why they created several designs. Here are the most common.
- Desk-mounted – since the most common setting is a desktop, there are dual monitor stands that can be installed directly on your desk. It is the most simple design, and the idea behind it is that the desk is the place where you put everything anyway, from your monitor to your keyboard and mouse (plus other accessories you may have.)
- Wall-mounted – this design is meant for people who like to save up space on their desk. Also, consumers say that it is the most flexible place to install monitors. The cables will easily reach the unit, and you do not have to deal with them so much. However, that depends on the width of the desk and how good you can see so far. Also, you need a power drill for this type of dual monitor stand.
- Articulating – these can be both wall-mounted or desk-mounted. The point is that this design allows you to move the monitors from side to side. You can also push themfurther or pull them closer, depending on your preferences. You have more control over the monitors, which is something highly appreciated.
The advantages of dual monitors
Having two monitors can be extremely useful, but the most common use is gaming. Since the gaming world expanded so much over the years, the need for two monitors increased. So did the need for stands. Here are a few of the benefits.
- Secondary tasks tracking – if you work in IT, this comes as no news for you. You probably know what I am talking about. However, other fields of activity use this setting as well. It is very convenient to see what happens with one of your projects while doing something else. You can also chat with someone on Skype and work at the same time, for example. Studies say that multiple monitors can make you more productive since your brain can absorb more information than a single monitor can provide.
- Extra information – a lot of people use a second monitor for information while working on the other. For example, let’s say that you have to work on a project that requires a lot of research. Instead of having to open and close multiple tabs on the same monitor, you can have your information displayed on one, and write about it on the other. How simple is that?
- Video games – I mentioned this before, but I had to add something. It is all about dull screen video gaming. You have more visual of what happens, and usually, hardcore gamers have two monitors (at least.) Online gaming requires sometimes chatting, so a second monitor comes in handy.
- Online streaming – this is a common practice these days, which is why a second monitor comes in handy. On one monitor you can stream the game, while you use the other for streaming statistics and live chats. Youtube is full of these videos.
What to consider when looking for the best dual monitor stand
Going online and buying the first product that comes up is not such a good idea. That is because you may get a poorly made dual stand monitor, and instead of buying a dual stand monitor, you end up buying one but two new monitors as well. You do not want that. So here is what you need to look at.
- The quality of the materials – you need sturdy metal, that is for sure. There are several options available at a reasonable price. You want hard steel and aluminum. The point is to always go with metal. Plastic is a bad idea for obvious reasons.
- Type – whether you want a desk-mount or a wall-mount, it is your choice. Just make sure that your desk can accommodate a desk-mounted dual monitor stand, or your wall is strong enough to hold a wall-mounted dual monitor stand.
- Capacity – it is clear that such a stand can hold two monitors, but you first have to know how large your monitors are. It may seem simple, but a lot of people ended up with the wrong product because they did not check compatibility. Measure your monitor or look at its specification before placing an order. That way you can avoid a return.
- Movement – I am sure that you like your monitors to move. Everyone does. You want to be able to pull them towards you or push them further. Or maybe you want to move them on the sides. That is entirely possible. You just have to look for the right dual monitor stand.
- Ease of installation – I know this sound a bit silly. How hard can it be to install a simple dual monitor stand, right? Well, you may have no issues with the desk-mounted one, as long as you read the instructions. However, the wall-mounted design requires drill holes. As long as you have a power drill and you know how to use it, that is perfect. But if you do not, then you have to call someone to do it for you.
- Price – budget is always important, which is why you need to establish a price range. Quick tip: the desk-mounted dual monitor stands are cheaper than the wall-mounted ones.
What are the best dual monitor stands?
Looking and choosing is not always easy, which is why I have already done that for you. I chose three products that are affordable, high-quality, and they have plenty of additional features you will like. They all have amazing reviews, so do not think I have not checked them out. Enjoy!
Wali Dual LCD Monitor Mount
The dual monitor stand from Wali is compatible with most monitors. You can mount an LCD, plasma, panel TV or flat screens. The only thing you need to consider is that the monitor must not be bigger than 27 inches. The plates from the back are fully detachable, and the height is adjustable. As far as type is concerned, this is a desk-mount stand that can be installed on a desk that is 4 inches thick or less.
The point is that you can be very productive and efficient. It also opens some desk space that you can fill with something else that you may need. You do not have to worry about construction. The stand is made of high-grade materials that ensure strong and stable connections. The engineering is flawless so that the monitors will not wobble. It is very easy to install. All the instructions can be found in the box. The installation kit includes the mount, hardware kit and detailed instructions that are easy to follow. However, if you do not have the time or the skill to do the installation yourself, the manufacturer provides assistance.
The dual monitor stand from Wali is dynamic. The arm is adjustable so that you can position the monitors according to your convenience. You can retract and extend the arm, you can tilt them for reading angles, and you can even rotate the monitors from landscape to portrait. In my own experience, that comes in handy with long documents. This stand also eliminates neck and eye strain, which for a person who spends a lot of time in front of the computer, is more than welcome. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Vivo LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand
The dual stand monitor from Vivo is very similar to the previous product, but at the same time, it is cheaper with a few dollars. Just like the one from Wali, this stand can fit monitors that measure between 13 inches to 27 inches. The maximum weight capacity is 22 pounds per arm.
The stand has full articulation, which is something we can agree that is very useful. The arms offer a 15º tilt, a 360º swivel, and a 360º rotation. The height can be adjusted along the center pole. Long story short, you can move the arms of the stand however you like. Also, the monitors can be positioned in both landscape and portrait.
The desk-mount stand can be placed on a desk that is up to 4 inches in thickness. The C-clamp that holds the stand in place is made of heavy-duty material. It will not break or bend anytime soon. You can also enjoy a cable free environment thanks to the detachable clips that hold the cables on the arms and center pole. The installation is very easy. The VESA bracket plates are detachable, and the step-by-step manual will provide all the information you need. The manufacturer provides all the necessary tools for the installation, and if you cannot handle it you can ask for assistance (at a price, of course.) Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
MonMount Dual LCD Freestanding Monitor Stand
The last stand on the list is the one from MonMount. It is a freestanding monitor stand that has an adjustable height up to 24 inches. It is true that this model is more simple than the other two I wrote about, but there are a few features I like about it. For example, it comes in various colors, and if you are picky or have a particular interior design, that may prove to be useful. Also, you may end up with your favorite color, which is lovely.
The stand can hold two monitors, but unlike the previous two stands, this one is compatible with screens that do not measure more than 24 inches. The base is weighted, so there is no question regarding stability.
You can adjust the arms in various ways. You can tilt the monitors, or you can turn them from side to side. Unfortunately, you cannot rotate them, so if you are looking for rotation, choose another model. The installation is very easy. All the hardware can be found inside the package. If you need assistance, you can refer to a professional. However, the manual has easy and detailed instructions. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Although all three products will do an excellent job, my choice is Vivo LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand. It has a lot of useful features, and the price for all those features is very low. In my opinion, that is one one of the best dual monitor standsI laid my eyes on.
Multitasking is very important in today’s society. We live in a century when everything must move fast, which is why we need the right equipment. Dual monitors are very useful, and the stands keep getting better and better. Thanks to them we get to be more efficient, more productive, and we satisfy our need to better ourselves. I know it is a simple thing, but most people highly appreciate it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What You Have to Know About Monitor Arm
- All About Monitor Riser
- Whatever They Told You About Double Monitor Stand Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- The Pain of Monitor Mount
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Dual Monitor Mount
- Dual Monitor Stand Reviews & Tips
- The New Fuss About Computer Monitor Stand
- The Little-Known Secrets to Monitor Stand
- Monitor Stand for Desk: the Ultimate Convenience!
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Vesa Monitor Mount Revealed
- The War Against Dual Monitor Riser
- Top Computer Monitor Arm Secrets
- Desk Mount Monitor Arm Options
- The One Thing to Do for Monitor Holder
- Dual Monitor Bracket Options
- Choosing Computer Monitor Mount Is Simple
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Monitor Arm Desk Mount and What You Should Do Today
- Adjustable Monitor Stand Tips
- The Fight Against Dual Monitor Arm
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Desk Monitor Stand and What You Need to Do Different
- What Everybody Is Saying About Monitor Shelf and What You Need to Do
- Desk Monitor Mount Features
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Computer Screen Stand
- What Does Pc Monitor Stand Mean?
- Shortcuts to Monitor Wall Mount Only the Experts Know
- Monitor Mount Arm – Overview
- The Fundamentals of Computer Monitor Riser That You Will be Able to Learn From Starting Today
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on 2 Monitor Stand
- Dual Monitor Wall Mount – the Story
- Most Noticeable Dual Computer Monitor Stand
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Triple Monitor Stand Exposed
- Find Out Who is Talking About Multi Monitor Stand and Why You Should Be Worried
- Who’s Worried About Desktop Monitor Stand and Why You Should Listen to Them
- Unanswered Issues With Monitor Bracket Revealed
- Understanding Monitor Desk Mount